Revitalize Your Livelihood with Dental Implants
Whether you’re missing one tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire arch, At White Oak Dental Associates, Dr. Owoc can return your ability to eat, drink, and socialize without restriction by using dental implants. This remarkable tooth restoration uses the full strength of your jawbone to secure a beautiful dental prosthetic.
If you want a durable and reliable solution for tooth loss, check out dental implants.
The Link Between Your Smile & Health
As soon as you lose a single tooth, we recommend visiting our office so that you can avoid the adverse effects of tooth loss. According to a 2000 study conducted by researchers at the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, “your oral health plays an integral role in maintaining good overall health.” What this information means is that any condition that affects your smile has an impact on your overall health—and vice versa. For this reason, we encourage all of our patients to keep their immune systems up.
According to Harvard Health Publishing, here are a few suggestions that will help strengthen your immune system and give your smile the best chance for long-term success:
- Don’t smoke
- Try to minimize stress
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables
- Get adequate sleep
- Exercise regularly
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Take precautions to avoid infection (E.g., wash hands and cook meat thoroughly)
The Adverse Effects of Tooth Loss
Once you lose a tooth, your smile will immediately suffer. For this reason, we encourage you to visit Dr. Owoc—he’ll make sure that you get the treatment that you deserve.
The adverse effects of untreated tooth loss include:
- Gum disease: An infection that causes swelling, redness, bleeding, or inflammation.
- Speech impediments: Our teeth help define the sounds we vocalize. Therefore, missing teeth can throw off your annunciation.
- Jawbone depletion: Once you lose a tooth, your natural teeth will begin to shift out of place. Without constant stimulation from the tooth-root, your jawbone will start to deteriorate.
- Additional tooth loss: Suffering from tooth loss expedites gum disease—ultimately leading to further tooth loss.
Contact Dr. Owoc for a Healthy Restoration
Dental implants are the only tooth-replacement option that reverses the negative effects of tooth loss. For example, they counteract jawbone depletion because the implant’s fixture takes the place of the old tooth-root, stimulating the jawbone and encouraging healthy bone growth.
If you’re missing teeth and want to learn about your treatment options, we advise you to contact White Oak Dental Associates. For your convenience, you can call 412-664-1112, or you can fill out the form below. A member of our friendly staff will help you schedule a consultation with Dr. Owoc—White Oak’s premium implant dentist.